The Middlebury Campus

workforce-planning-david-kloepfer-Sabine-Poux-copy
News

Special Edition: the Staff Issue

With employees across the institution facing uncertainty about their futures as Middlebury's workforce planning process ramps up, we decided that it would be pertinent to dedicate our second special issue of the year (after our November election issue) to college staff. We've spent the last few weeks ...

News

Students Question Administrators at Tense Town Hall

College president Laurie Patton sent a school wide email on Wed., Nov. 8, inviting students, faculty and staff, to a town hall the following day, Nov. 9. “It is clear to me and, I believe, to many of you, that the essential bond of trust and assumption of good intentions that should unite us is ...

Soovin-Kim-Communications-copy
Arts & Culture

Performing Arts Spotlight: Soovin Kim, Violin

Soovin Kim will come to the Kevin P. Mahaney ’84 Center for the Arts’ Robison Hall on Friday, Oct. 13 to perform an all-Bach program, which will include Bach’s E major partita, G minor sonata and A minor sonata for solo violin. Kim gained recognition in Vermont when, at age 10, he became the youngest-ever ...

The Setonian
Opinion

Write Right: Announcing Conservative Column

This year, The Campus will launch a conservative column. Hopefully, this will become a space in which contributors can challenge their peers with thoughtful opinions less commonly found on liberal college campuses like Middlebury. This column serves students looking to serve the community with intellectually ...

The Setonian
Editorial

Changing Middlebury Pack Behavior

Last week we published an op-ed by Esme Valette ’16 illuminating “predatory pack behavior” on campus. She pointed to a “Hunters and Hunted Party” thrown by a group of senior boys in the spring of 2014 as an example of the perpetuation of a social culture on our campus that fosters predatory ...

The Setonian
Opinion

The Launch of Our New Website

To Our Readers and Contributors, We at The Campus are pleased to announce the creation and launch of a brand new website. We are thrilled to have a renewed online presence and believe that it will enhance our weekly coverage and provide our readership with a platform that is easier to read and navigate. ...

The Setonian
Editorial

Rethinking The Judicial Process

In the wake of the highly controversial protests against Charles Murray — which raised questions about the nature of free speech, political expression and power imbalances at Middlebury — many students are facing College discipline for their participation in the protests. This situation has caused ...

The Setonian
Editorial

In Defense of an Intersectional Education

The liberal arts curriculum advertises itself as preparing us with skills that will apply to any job we might take while offering a selection of classes that spans a multitude of academic disciplines. In some ways, the curriculum is changing, in others it remains deeply rooted in tradition. Some departments ...

The Setonian
Editorial

Letter From The Editors

Each week, the Editorial Board of The Middlebury Campus publishes an editorial, a statement meant to reflect the “official position” of our student publication. As a board of over thirty students, we typically spend two days debating and discussing the nuances of a variety of topics. Our conversations ...

More articles »