Wednesday, Jan 19, 2022

Siefer’s Scoop podcast: Kent Hughes ’92, Middlebury hockey record holder, current NHL agent

Link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4QUy54cN300FMNCjH4q1NX?si=814f3e7867224479

On the final episode of the semester, Kent Hughes ’92 joins the Siefer’s Scoop podcast. A 2020 Middlebury Athletics Hall of Fame selection, Hughes played four years of hockey at the college, ​​setting modern-day program records for assists (140) and points (194) in a career. After playing a year of professional hockey in Sweden, Hughes studied law and soon became a National Hockey League (NHL) agent; today, he has over 25 years of experience representing professional athletes. On this episode of Siefer’s Scoop, Hughes discusses his time as a student-athlete at Middlebury, his time playing professional hockey and why he cherishes his career as an NHL agent. 

Blaise Siefer

Blaise Siefer ‘23 is the Senior Sports Editor.

Siefer is majoring in Sociology and plans to minor in Spanish.

Now in his third year writing for The Campus, Siefer has covered  several varsity teams and has written numerous feature stories for the  sports section. Last year, he began to host and produce a sports  podcast, Siefer's Scoop, which he will continue to run throughout the  '21-22 academic year. The podcast tells the stories of Middlebury's  varsity athletes, both past and present.

Siefer is also the co-president of Middlebury Club Soccer.