Wednesday, Dec 1, 2021

Siefer’s Scoop Episode #15: Men’s basketball captains Jack Farrell ’21 and Tommy Eastman ’21

On this week’s edition of the Siefer’s Scoop podcast, Blaise welcomes Jack Farrell '21 and Tommy Eastman '21 — senior captains on the men’s basketball team — to the podcast. Farrell and Eastman, both All-NESCAC players, reflect on their athletic careers at Middlebury. They explain why the NCAA D-III Tournament is so special and what their experience was like playing on the division’s highest stage. They also discuss the basketball team’s culture and dynamics, shedding light on how the team operates off the court. Finally, they comment on how Covid-19 has impacted their senior year, how they felt the college handled the situation and what they have planned going forward. Bonus: Farrell and Eastman offer their opinions on the
NCAA D-I men’s basketball tournament.

[embed]https://open.spotify.com/episode/42HsLPyIYGINq08amM7tUM?si=N9Ua_9inSEa31PIRggpOAQ[/embed]

Blaise Siefer

Blaise Siefer ‘23 is the Senior Sports Editor.

Siefer is majoring in Sociology and plans to minor in Spanish.

Now in his third year writing for The Campus, Siefer has covered  several varsity teams and has written numerous feature stories for the  sports section. Last year, he began to host and produce a sports  podcast, Siefer's Scoop, which he will continue to run throughout the  '21-22 academic year. The podcast tells the stories of Middlebury's  varsity athletes, both past and present.

Siefer is also the co-president of Middlebury Club Soccer.