Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Join Our Staff

The Campus is currently hiring Fall 2021 editors for the following positions. Information about how to apply is listed under each position. Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis. 

Positions are not open to incoming students (members of the class of 2025) at this time. 

Business Manager
The Business Manager creates and handles the budget of The Campus, works with businesses to sell advertisements for the newspaper and handles subscriptions. Experience overseeing organization budgets is helpful but not required. To apply, send a statement of interest outlining your experience (1-2 paragraphs) to Business Manager Shaye Anis (sanis@middlebury.edu

Online Editor
Online Editors upload articles from their designated section for publication on our website and social media channels. Experience with WordPress or similar platforms is helpful but not required. Interested applicants should email a brief statement of interest (1-2 paragraphs) to Digital Director Emmanuel Tamrat (etamrat@middlebury.edu

Layout Editor
Layout Editors design the pages of The Campus in Adobe InDesign for our weekly newspaper. To apply, please send a statement of interest (1-2 paragraphs) and optional design work samples to Editor in Chief Riley Board (rboard@middlebury.edu

Copy Editor
Copy Editors provide the final read on articles to search for grammatical errors and style mistakes. A familiarity with AP Style is helpful but not required. To apply, please send a statement of interest outlining your experience (1-2 paragraphs) to Managing Editor Lucy Townend (ltownend@middlebury.edu

For general questions, please reach out to Editor in Chief Riley Board (rboard@middlebury.edu