Seven Questions with Noah Osher ’23.5, men’s basketball

Noah Osher ’23.5 ( No. 3) has started all nine games for the Panthers this season. Courtesy of Colin Bourque ’25

Noah Osher ’23.5, from Northbrook, Ill., is playing in his second season on the men’s basketball team. In this installment of “Seven Questions,” Osher discusses his best moments with the team, his playing style and his favorite meal on campus.

Captain Rudolph: Who has been your professional basketball role model growing up?

Noah Osher: Chris Paul. He is a really, really good point guard. He controls the game really well, can shoot, and he is really undersized. Paul has been an all-star every year. So growing up, I was a huge fan, and I still am.

CR: How did you choose to play the guard position?

NO: I didn’t really have a choice. Because I was short, it was between point guard and shooting guard. I never learned to dribble, but I learned to shoot, so I became a shooting guard. I didn’t really have a lot of say in it. I still can’t dribble, but I can shoot, and I love the position. 

CR: What have been your favorite games in your Middlebury and high school careers?

NO: This is my first year starting for the team and in the nine games we’ve played thus far, we’ve had some really great outings. We beat a really good Albertus Magnus team on December 2––that was probably the best game that our team has played this year. We went into their place, which had a lot of loud fans, and we beat them by two points. It was awesome to win. In high school, beating Loyola Academy was a big deal. I never liked them very much as they were our rival, and we beat them on the day before Thanksgiving my senior year. I played well so it was fun, and I’ll never forget that.

CR: Do you have any pre-game rituals?

NO: I always eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Also, I like to have between two and three jelly beans because they taste good, and I like how the sugar amps me up! But I only have a couple because if I have too many, I’ll feel super sick while I play. And then I have a bunch of granola too before I play. So, it’s all food.

CR: What’s your favorite dining hall meal on campus?

NO: Chicken parmesan in Atwater. That’s easy. I have five pieces every time they have that meal, and that’s it. But then also I’ll get some salted caramel ice cream. I don’t put it in a cone or a bowl though — I put it in a cup to make it look like more. That’s my little brain hack right there.

CR: What’s your favorite sport to play that’s not basketball?

NO: Probably golf. My dad got me into golf growing up. I’m really bad at it, but I play a lot in the summer. Growing up, I played like ten different sports. The only sport I feel like I really suck at is baseball because I can’t hit a baseball to save my life. 

CR: What is your favorite part of being on the men's basketball team?

NO: My teammates. I know that’s a pretty basic answer, but it's a small team with just 13 players. We’re super, super close, making it way more fun. I love going out there and playing alongside some of my best friends. And I also love winning. I love winning! So, I go out there to win too.