SGA Senate Spring Elections 2011

Wonnacott and Cook Commons residents along with Febs hit the polls today to elect SGA representatives. Ballots will be distributed to students by e-mail, and voting will take place until noon Friday. Still on the fence? Check out this cheat sheet before you vote!

Wonnacott Senator

Lucas Acosta '14

Acosta's letter of intent cites the popular complain regarding communication between the SGA and the student body, hoping to "bring the SGA back to the people." He suggests using social media, e-mails and even publishing an update in The Campus to inform the students of the current issues.

Cook Senator

Out of the two students running, one will be elected.

Michael Hilgendorf '13

Hilgendorf pledges to attend all Cook Commons Council meetings in order to create stronger connections between the SGA and the Commons. Hilgendorf's platform cities specific initiatives to help his commons, such as addressing issues of parking, wireless internet access and improvement in commons rooms.

Vin Recca '12

Recca explains that his experience as a Finance Committee member and former class senator have taught him "how things work and how to get things done." He also pledges greater contact with the Cook community by holding monthly "town hall" meetings in addition to attending commons events.

Feb Senator

Sophie Lew '13.5

Lew promises to listen to ideas and suggestions and bring them into reality. As someone who like to "get things done," Lew hopes to gain the trust of her peers. Lew also cites her high school experience working in the student government and her ability to work well on a team.

Michael Ament '13.5

Ament details his high school experience working in student government. He pledges to improve the quality of food in the dining halls and address alcohol policy. In addition, Ament promises to tackle "the most current and hard-pressing issues as they arise."