Spectators Guide: Baseball, Softball and Men’s Lacrosse return home after a series of away competitions

Nathalie van der Reis ’25 hits a forehand during women’s tennis’s 7–2 win over Emory.

With the spring season firmly underway, Middlebury teams are busier than ever trying to come out on top. Here is a comprehensive summary of games to watch at Middlebury this week:

Baseball (10–4) vs. Wesleyan, Forbes Field April 7 at 4 p.m. and April 8 at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.

After a strong start to the season, the baseball team returns to Middlebury to take on Wesleyan on Friday and Saturday. Although the Panthers are halfway through their season, the Cardinals are just the second NESCAC team they have faced so far. The Panthers will undoubtedly be looking to make quick work of the Cardinals as they prepare for a gauntlet of in-conference games following their Senior Day on April 15.

Softball (10–6) vs. Amherst, Softball Field April 8 at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.

After being held to a frustrating 2–2 record against Bowdoin and Bates, the softball team will look to correct course as they host Amherst in a doubleheader on Saturday. This matchup comes at a critical moment in the Panthers’ season as they prepare to embark on six straight NESCAC matchups at home. Given that the Panthers have bested the Mammoths just twice over the past seven seasons, a weekend victory would provide immeasurable momentum for the team as they face a long haul of upcoming April games.

Men’s Lacrosse (7–1) vs. Wesleyan, Youngman Field at Alumni Stadium April 8 at 1 p.m.

Since the season began, the men’s lacrosse team has hit the ground running without looking back. Boasting a 4–1 in-conference record, the Panthers have the chance to add fuel to their great season as they prepare to host Wesleyan on Saturday. Ranked second in the NESCAC, the Cardinals present a perfect opportunity for the Panthers to reinforce their status as one of the league’s elite. The men’s lacrosse team will also play at home next weekend for their Senior Day against Colby.