Women’s tennis sweeps weekend, charges toward NESCAC tournament

Brinlea La Barge ’23 won at #2 doubles and #1 singles against Trinity College this past Saturday. (Courtesy of Colin Bourque)

Women’s tennis (11–4) kept its foot on the gas pedal this weekend, recording consecutive shutout victories against Connecticut College (2–13) and Trinity College (5–10) in Connecticut. 

At #1 doubles, Amy Delman ’24 and Gena Huang ’24 breezed through their competition, taking home a 8–5 win against Trinity and a 8–1 victory over Connecticut College. Sahana Raman ’25 and Claudia Miller ’25 also recorded consecutive victories in doubles this weekend, winning at the #3 and #2 spots, respectively. Brinlea La Barge ’23 and Sami Remis ’24 also took home a doubles victory on Saturday, while Nora Dahl ’22 and Nina Farhat ’25 won together on Sunday.

In singles play, the Panthers refused to drop a set this weekend, with Raman, Remis, Delman, La Barge, Miller, Caitlin Neal ’23, Amanda Frank ’23.5 and Kavina Amin ’24 all earning victories. Notably, Raman recorded her 20th victory of the season this weekend.

Frank credited the team’s belief in their training and general preparation for their victories. 

“We have done so well under pressure so far this season, and for the rest of the season there definitely is going to be a lot of pressure,” Frank said. “But we feel pretty confident in our games and feel like it's going to go well for us.”

The Panthers will celebrate senior day on Saturday, when they take on Colby College at 2 p.m. on the Proctor Tennis Courts. The following day, the Panthers will close their regular season with a duel against Bowdoin College, also at 2 p.m.

Editor’s Note: Brinlea La Barge ’23 is a news editor for The Campus.