Sunday, Jun 26, 2022

Headlines: Our new radio show

At the very end of last spring — when Riley Board ’22, Lucy Townend ’22 and I (The Campus’ executive team) started planning for this year’s Campus issues — we got really excited about an idea. The idea was creating a Campus radio show where we’d share a little about the stories from each week.

Now, ten months and fifteen issues of the paper later, we’ve finally brought our idea to fruition. You can listen to our new WRMC show, “Headlines,” at 9 a.m. on Thursdays.

This isn’t technically the first time The Campus has had a radio show. There used to be a WRMC show called “The Campus Voice,” discussing the biggest articles from each issue, so, in some ways, “Headlines” is a revival of a previous format.

So, The Campus is on the airwaves. Well… we will be next week anyway. If you’re looking for a new way to engage with weekly news about on- and off-campus people, places and events, you can listen to our conversations about the biggest stories each Thursday morning, right after the paper comes out.

This has also been a big year for audio in general. Campus editors on the Multimedia and Sports desks have expanded our range of podcasts — including Middlebury sports recaps in “PFL Weekly” and interviews with former MiddKids in “Alum Conversation.”

Abigail Chang

Abigail Chang ’23 is a managing editor.

She previously served as Senior News Editor, News Editor and SGA Correspondent.

Chang is majoring in English and American literatures and minoring in  linguistics. Last spring, she joined the Media Portrayals of Minorities  Project, a Middlebury lab that uses computer-assisted and human coding techniques to analyze bulk newspaper data. She studied and wrote about media coverage of Asian Americans for the lab's annual report.

Chang spent summer 2021 in Vermont, working as a general assignment reporter for statewide digital newspaper VTDigger.

Chang is also a member of the Middlebury Paradiddles, an a cappella group.