Friday, May 27, 2022

PFL Weekly: Middlebury sports podcast debuts this semester

The first episode of PFL Weekly was released on Tuesday, Feb. 22.

Attention all Panther sports fans! A new podcast is coming to The Campus: PFL Weekly. Hosted by Blaise Siefer ’23.5, Marco Fengler ’23, Captain Rudolph ’23.5 and Eli DiBari ’24, Panthers for Life (PFL) Weekly tells the biggest sports stories each week. New episodes are released on Tuesdays.

The podcast, which can be found on all major listening platforms, will cover all in-season varsity teams, as well as clubs. Episodes will run 10–15 minutes and include interviews with players and coaches. 

In our first episode, we recap Max Cluss's ’23 4:07 mile, women’s hockey's undefeated regular season and Winter Carnival. Marco's sports stat of the week includes... jellybeans? The crew names their Panther All-Stars of the week and finishes with a run-down on games you can't miss this weekend! Plus, a trivia question on first-year women's basketball phenom, Alexa Mustafaj ’25.

Blaise Siefer

Blaise Siefer ‘23 is the Senior Sports Editor.

Siefer is majoring in Sociology and plans to minor in Spanish.

Now in his third year writing for The Campus, Siefer has covered  several varsity teams and has written numerous feature stories for the  sports section. Last year, he began to host and produce a sports  podcast, Siefer's Scoop, which he will continue to run throughout the  '21-22 academic year. The podcast tells the stories of Middlebury's  varsity athletes, both past and present.

Siefer is also the co-president of Middlebury Club Soccer.