Tuesday, Jul 5, 2022

Siefer’s Scoop podcast: Roy Heffernan ’78, Middlebury Athletics Hall of Fame inductee, current Owner-Partner at Life is Good

Courtesy Photo
Courtesy Photo

Link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2zFHV9ylGpCc0pRAxdctB7?si=814e5299126748de

This week, Roy Heffernan ’78 joins the Siefer’s Scoop podcast. A stellar athlete on both the football and men’s lacrosse teams at Middlebury, Heffernan was inducted into the Middlebury Athletics Hall of Fame in 2015. After graduating from the College, Heffernan joined the Life is Good company, where he worked as the Chief Operating Optimist and helped guide the company to incredible success. Currently, Heffernan is an Owner-Partner at Life is Good and makes trips up to Middlebury when he finds the time. On this episode, Heffernan discusses his accomplishments as a student-athlete at Middlebury, his time with Life is Good, and the lessons he’s learned from both experiences. He also explains why Middlebury has played and continues to play such an instrumental role in his life. 

Blaise Siefer

Blaise Siefer ‘23 is the Senior Sports Editor.

Siefer is majoring in Sociology and plans to minor in Spanish.

Now in his third year writing for The Campus, Siefer has covered  several varsity teams and has written numerous feature stories for the  sports section. Last year, he began to host and produce a sports  podcast, Siefer's Scoop, which he will continue to run throughout the  '21-22 academic year. The podcast tells the stories of Middlebury's  varsity athletes, both past and present.

Siefer is also the co-president of Middlebury Club Soccer.