Jordan Saint-Louis ’24 helps propel men’s soccer to Sweet 16 Round of NCAA Tournament

Jordan Saint-Louis ’24 (#23) has been pivotal to men’s soccer this season, leading the team with 19 points (7 goals, 5 assists). (Courtesy of Will Costello)

Men’s soccer is still alive in the NCAA Division III tournament after advancing to the Sweet 16 this past Sunday. The Panthers defeated Franklin & Marshall 2–0, with sophomore forward Jordan Saint-Louis ’24 scoring the game’s second goal.

As the Panthers (12–4–3) formulate a gameplan for their next game, they will certainly depend on Saint-Louis, who leads the team with 19 points (7 goals, 5 assists) this season. His 16 points before the NCAA tournament ranked fourth in the NESCAC this year.

Saint-Louis recently earned recognition for his terrific season by being named to the All-NESCAC second team. Defender Michael McFarlane ’22 was also named to the second team, while goalkeeper Ryan Grady ’24 was named to the first team.

“It’s nice to get the recognition,” Saint-Louis said. “But it’s not my focus, and I’d trade it to win the NESCAC tournament for sure.”

Saint-Louis’s focus on the team over himself is only one of many reasons that make him a special player. He is known for his one-on-one attacking skills and his creative ability going forward. Raffi Barsamian ’22, a senior captain on the team, talked about Saint-Louis’s skills on the field as well as his attitude and professionalism.

“He routinely makes the complex look simple,” Barsamian said. “He never doubts himself, which makes everyone else feel confident in their own abilities.”

Saint-Louis also cited the coaches, his teammates and the team culture as crucial elements of his success. His goal for the team is to win the NCAA tournament despite being underdogs. Men’s soccer is set to play at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 20 against John Carroll University in Amherst, Mass.