Friday, Jan 28, 2022

Siefer’s Scoop Episode #17: Ellie Barney ’21.5, women’s hockey

<span class="photocreditinline">Courtesy: Ellie Barney</span><br />Ellie Barney ’21.5 has appeared in three straight NESCAC finals with the women’s hockey team.
Courtesy: Ellie Barney
Ellie Barney ’21.5 has appeared in three straight NESCAC finals with the women’s hockey team.

This week, Siefer’s Scoop welcomes podcast fan and women’s hockey player Ellie Barney ’21.5. The episode begins with a chat about podcasting, from Barney’s favorite podcasts to Bianca Giaever, a Midd alumna who works for a nationally acclaimed podcast. We pivot to a discussion about Barney’s history with hockey, from her brother’s influence to her high school team. Barney then recalls how Middlebury first popped up on her radar, and how a sandwich at Shafer’s might’ve just been the difference on an otherwise unenthusiastic tour of Middlebury. Finally, Barney recounts her favorite memories in the Panther jersey, from the best atmosphere she’s played in to her favorite goal. She also weighs in on the Proc vs Ross debate and other Middlebury-centered questions. 

[embed]https://open.spotify.com/episode/0eZFMHI33LQOvnu1NoKObm?si=wZfb7ZpVT0S1TucWMwyl3g[/embed]

Blaise Siefer

Blaise Siefer ‘23 is the Senior Sports Editor.

Siefer is majoring in Sociology and plans to minor in Spanish.

Now in his third year writing for The Campus, Siefer has covered  several varsity teams and has written numerous feature stories for the  sports section. Last year, he began to host and produce a sports  podcast, Siefer's Scoop, which he will continue to run throughout the  '21-22 academic year. The podcast tells the stories of Middlebury's  varsity athletes, both past and present.

Siefer is also the co-president of Middlebury Club Soccer.