Sunday, Sep 25, 2022

PFL Weekly Ep. 11: Men's tennis wins second-straight NESCAC title, T&F successful at regionals, baseball onto conference semis

The eleventh episode of PFL Weekly was published on Tuesday, May 10.

For the second straight season, men's tennis are the NESCAC champions. The Panthers defeated Tufts 5–3 on Sunday to claim their 14th-straight victory this season. In other news, track & field had a successful outing at the D-III New England Championship meet, including first-place finishes from Audrey Grimes (3k steeplechase), Kate Kenny (1500m), Max Cluss (1500m) and Peter Hansen (400m hurdles). Perhaps the most electric moment of the week, though, was Zip Malley's walk-off hit to earn Middlebury baseball a victory over Tufts in the first game of their three-match NESCAC quarterfinal series. If these stories didn't sell you, our trivia question covers a wild winning streak, while Marco's stat of the week highlights the excellence of the softball team.

Listen to this week's episode here.

Blaise Siefer

Blaise Siefer ‘23 is the Senior Sports Editor.

Siefer is majoring in Sociology and plans to minor in Spanish.

Now in his third year writing for The Campus, Siefer has covered  several varsity teams and has written numerous feature stories for the  sports section. Last year, he began to host and produce a sports  podcast, Siefer's Scoop, which he will continue to run throughout the  '21-22 academic year. The podcast tells the stories of Middlebury's  varsity athletes, both past and present.

Siefer is also the co-president of Middlebury Club Soccer.