Sunday, Sep 25, 2022

Siefer’s Scoop podcast: Andrew Plumley ’11, Middlebury football and basketball, Senior Director of Equity and Culture at American Alliance of Museums

Andrew Plumley ’11 played football and basketball at Middlebury. COURTESY PHOTO

Link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5AonlwiWIjb4nV4sSS5yfl?si=8b34f996373f4de3

This week, Andrew Plumley ’11 appears on Siefer’s Scoop. Born in Burlington, Vermont, Plumley was a two-sport varsity athlete at Middlebury, playing football and basketball. As a student, Plumley studied philosophy and helped create the famous MIDD KID song and music video. Since graduating, Plumley has worked in the diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion field. He’s currently the senior director of equity and culture at the American Alliance of Museums and also works with the NESCAC and MiddCORE. On this episode, Plumley discusses his biggest takeaways from his four years at Middlebury, what he enjoys about his current career and how exactly the MIDD KID song and music video came about. 

Blaise Siefer

Blaise Siefer ‘23 is the Senior Sports Editor.

Siefer is majoring in Sociology and plans to minor in Spanish.

Now in his third year writing for The Campus, Siefer has covered  several varsity teams and has written numerous feature stories for the  sports section. Last year, he began to host and produce a sports  podcast, Siefer's Scoop, which he will continue to run throughout the  '21-22 academic year. The podcast tells the stories of Middlebury's  varsity athletes, both past and present.

Siefer is also the co-president of Middlebury Club Soccer.