MisterWives Will Perform

This year’s Wonnacott Commons Raise the Volume benefit concert will feature the American indie pop band, MisterWives. The date is set for April 4th at 9:30 p.m. in Wilson Hall in McCullough. 

The band is certainly up and coming, most well known for their hit song “Reflections”, but the Wonnacott Commons Council team of Grace Kennedy ’17 and Nora O’Leary ’17, and Liz Stasior ’17.5 seem to have grabbed MisterWives just in time. 

“It would be much more difficult to get them now. Their album is coming out this month and pretty much everyone knows their song,” Kennedy said. “If we waited any longer, their tour might have been booked for the time we wanted them.”

MisterWives has opened for Twenty One Pilots, Half Moon Run, Bleachers and American Authors. The group just announced plans for a 2015 tour titled, Our Own House. The tour is named after their new album, which is set to release Feb. 24th

Last month, MisterWives performed just a few miles up Route 7 at the University of Vermont. Kennedy attended the event and was lucky enough to speak with all five members of the band after the concert. “They’re a lovely band,” Kennedy expressed. “They seemed really excited to come here.” 

In addition to providing a fun weekend event for Middlebury students, the Wonnacott Commons Council hopes to raise awareness for the Epilepsy foundation through this benefit concert. The Epilepsy Foundation is a national organization dedicated improving the lives of all people impacted by seizures. The money raised through ticket sales will fund innovative research projects, provide programs, services and support for those with epilepsy and also help educate people on the disease. 

At the first Raise the Volume concert ten years ago, ticket sales benefited the Epilepsy Foundation in memory of Jason Fleishman ’04.5. A Middlebury student who suffered from the disease, Fleishman died unexpectedly just 24 hours after skiing down the Snow Bowl for Feb graduation. In honor of the 10th anniversary of Raise the Volume and as a tribute to Jason, ticket sales this year will again benefit the Epilepsy Foundation.  

The Wonnacott Commons Council is expecting a great turnout and a fun evening for all students. 

“It’s exciting to have the concert and hopefully it’s a band that people will be really excited for,” said O’Leary. “It’s also fun because it adds two spring concerts and another school wide event for people to enjoy.”

Tickets for the Raise the Volume concert featuring MisterWives go on sale March 16th for $6 at go/boxoffice and $12 at the door. Be sure to grab your tickets early, as this is an event you and your friends definitely don’t want to miss.