Local Lowdown

Flea Market
September 18, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Looking to decorate your dorm room? Head to the Town Hall Theater for a one-of-a-kind flea market. Browse through jewelry, rugs, antiques and more from over 25 vendors. You will feel great about any purchase, as the flea market is a fundraiser for the Town Hall Theater, Round Robin, JOPE and the John Graham Shelter.

Tour de Farms
September 19, 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Participate in the ultimate community event that combines biking and food! Starting on the Shoreham green, bikers tour the Champlain Valley and make stops at farms to taste local food.Participants can choose to complete a 10-, 25- or 30-mile route. The event benefits ACORN, Rural Vermont and Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Coalition. Sound good? Registration is $30 for adults and $15 for kids 12 and under. For more information, visit www.ruralvermont.org or call (802)-223-7222.

Opera Concert
September 19, 3 p.m.
Treat your ears to the lovely voices of Beth Thompson, soprano, and Fran Bull, mezzo-soprano. Pianist Cynthia Huard will accompany the singers, as they offer selections from songs ranging from Bach to Broadway. The concert benefits the Opera Company of Middlebury.  Get your tickets (only $15) now by calling (802) 382-9222, visiting www.townhalltheater.org, or going to Merchants Row in Middlebury to pick them up in person (Mon-Sat, 12 p.m.-5 p.m.).

Joshua Panda Concert
September 17, 9 p.m. - 12 a.m.
Wondering what Midd has to offer you this Friday night? Come down to 51 Main to see Joshua Panda in concert! Panda, a singer/songwriter who grew up in North Carolina, has created songs blending his passion for soul and folk music. No tickets are necessary, so make sure to enjoy some free entertainment.

Middlebury Volunteer Ambulance Association Grand Reopening
September 19, 11 a.m. -3 p.m.
Come join the Middlebury Volunteer Ambulance Association this Sunday afternoon. Starting at noon, volunteers will be making a free barbeque luncheon for all who attend. They will hold a dedication ceremony and an equipment demonstration. Be there when an air medical evaluation helicopter from the National Guard flies over! The event will take place in rain or shine, and you don’t want to miss out. For more information, visit them online. The MVAA building is located on Collins Drive, just north of Porter Hospital.