Local Lowdown - 03/04/10

Maiden Vermont

March 4, 7 – 8 p.m.

Want to be a part of an all-female community a cappella group? Join Maiden Vermont at Cornwall Elementary School Thursday night! New music will be introduced at this rehearsal, and women of all ages who love to sing and can hold a harmony part are invited to check out this barbershop-style a cappella group. Please call (802) 388-1012 to sign up beforehand!

Dodgeball tournament

March 6, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.

If you can dodge your math homework, you can dodge a ball! Scrounge up five other players and $30 and you can play dodgeball to your heart’s content at the Mount Abraham Union High School gymnasium. All proceeds benefit the Mount Abe field hockey team. Six players per team are required, with at least one member of each gender. Please call (802) 453-2333, ext. 2030, or contact mstestson@anesu.org for more information or to register.

Fifth annual

“Tour de Blueberry”

March 6, 10 – 11 a.m.

Enjoy a guided tour of the scenic trails at Blueberry Hill Ski Center. Tickets are $15 per person to benefit the Catamount Trail Association and kids 12 and under ski free with their parents. The $15 also includes a daily trail pass and soup, and you will enjoy half-price rentals all day. For more information please contact (802) 247-6735 or ski@blueberryhillinn.com.

Horse Traders benefit dance

March 6, 7:30pm – 8:30pm

Don’t miss this opportunity for all ages at the VFW on Exchange Street! The Horse Traders are Middlebury’s premier cover band, playing a wide range of favorites from the ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, as well as current pop rock, blues, and soul. There will be refreshments, and for those of age there will be a cash bar. Admission is $5 per person to benefit production of a local documentary.

Free yoga & meditation

March 7, 4 – 6 p.m.

Let the week’s (and the weekend’s) stress melt away at this monthly community gathering at Otter Creek Yoga in the Marble Works. There will be gentle yoga, meditation and a reading of the Five Mindfulness Trainings of Thich Nhat Hanh. Beginners are welcome. Please call (802) 388-1961 for more information.

Blood drive

March 9, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

If you missed the Atwater Commons blood drive on March 3, you have not missed your chance to save a life this month! If you are at least 17 years old and weigh at least 110 pounds, head over to the Middlebury American Legion and give a pint to the American Red Cross. Appointments are not necessary.